Saturday, December 26, 2009

Mr. Popper

Levi didn't get a ton of gifts for Christmas, but we tried to stick with the classics. Along with a Rolf Harris CD set (he loves this guy; if you don't, go look him up on YouTube), he got a Farmer See-n-Say, and a Fisher Price Corn Popper. You had one, remember?



He is completely delighted with the noise it makes (Also the fact that is filled with balls. Ball? Ball? Ball?), and when he gets it to work, he cackles with glee. Sadly, he hasn't quite figured it out yet - he doesn't get that he has to push it out along in front of him. So it's a little frustrating right now. He's keeping at it, though. Pop. Poppoppoppoppoppop.

Just for fun: no one seems to know the official name of this toy (I had to look on the label). What did you think yours was called?

And bonus points to anyone - except my sister - who can guess what the title of today's post is an homage to. (Bad sentence. Oh well. Not on the clock.)

5 comments:

Unknown said...

your late, great father??? (I can still remember his laugh)

Anonymous said...

Mr. Poppers Penguins! Of course!

Wendy

Anonymous said...

A corn popper - I forgot the first question. Although - I didn't have one. Perhaps the fact that I was in South America in the jungle not far fromt he equator - perhaps may have had something to do with the absence of one!
wendy
(any of these correct???)

The Country Mouse said...

*ding ding ding ding* Wendy wins the prize. :) I love that book! We had a recording of the book, and it was one of my favorites.

Anonymous said...

It was part of our school year last year - I had never read the book. Hannah REALLY likes it. I can't tell you how many times she's listened to the audio book. So, thanks to the kids - plus one of their co-op classes this next semester is based on Mr. Popper's Penguins! We are surrounded by him! :)
Great Hats!!!

Wendy